A few things on my calendar this weekend:
- Pierogi is having an opening featuring works by Patrick Jacobs. It also looks like they FINALLY revamped their website. I mean seriously, it was time.
- Glasslands is hosting a release party by Minks. Honestly I have no idea who they are and what kind of music they play but I’ve been wanting to expose myself to more local music as a means of discovery and think Glasslands to be the place of choice to find new music. Hopefully I’m right.
- Duane Park is a burlesque and live jazz joint in Tribeca and the Brian Newman trio is performing alongside some seductive performances. I look forward to mingling with stuffy squares.
- I’m super disappointed I can’t attend this show because it’s too goddamn much money for dinner. (There’s apparently a dinner tonight)
- There’s a good list of shows between the Lower East Side, Brooklyn and Chelsea that I’m hoping not to miss, including Rita Ackermann & Harmony Korine at Swiss Institute and Loren Munk at Minus Space.
- Jimmy No. 43′s 3rd annual Cassoulet Cook Off is today, to benefit Greenmarket. Come. Hungry.
- My dearest Megan Burns has an opening at The Proposition Gallery’s new space tonight.
- My swing dance teachers host a dance party every Saturday night in Jersey City. Let’s see if I can get myself to get on the Path train.
- My dearest Lauren Darling, with Hungry March Band and a slew of others will be at Red Lotus Room for a night of revelry called Voluption. Lineup includes performances, music, clowns, gogo girls, burlesque artists, baton twirlers, and an overall variety fest. “Glitter, glitz, fringe, fur, sequins, feathers, suits, ties, top hats, headpieces…the sky is the limit!”
- This dance fest at Ace Hotel is tempting. I need to dance my brains out on a regular basis and am on a grueling search.
- Brooklyn Brainery is hosting a kimchi party that leaves me skeptical but not uncurious.
- Every Sunday at 4pm Go Yoga hosts community reiki sessions on donation basis. Let them touch you. and heal you.
- Matt Timms hosts a jerk off at The Bell House. I’m sure you’ll leave with tongue fatigue and pruned gums. Drink lots of water.
- My dearest Meg the beekeeper organized another awesome pie contest, this one to benefit Rooftop Farms.